Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Weeks at Metro Ministries!

OH MY! So it has been wonderful! So far all we have done is prep prep prep! I had hard core training last week, staff retreat yesterday and the day before, and getting to know my division and new family all the rest of the time!

My area is in CONEY ISLAND! I'm so excited! My site there is Marlboro, and that is where I will have my sidewalk three times on thursday, and where I will be visiting on wednesday.

I am a bit nervous for the visitations I will be making, just because I will be walking around the projects on my own, but seeing the kids I know will make it worth every possible thing that could happen. So please pray that I would be able to walk in boldness and peace with disernment on who maybe to keep my distance and who to aproach.

Other than all the training on how to do sidewalk, how to prepare our lessons, how the system works and all, I have had some amazing encounters with God! He is working on me so much! It's crazy! If you want more specifics I would be more than happy to share! Just message me on facebook, or at jessiann626@yahoo.com . It's a bit of a story so messaging me would be easier :)

Other prayer request:
     That there would be more kids this semester than ever before
     That all of us interns and staff would be completely prayed up, prepared, and excited to get on stage and chare Christ, that we would treat every single kids like it's there one and last chance to hear God, because for some it very well might be.
     That also, for me, I would be able to continue to work on my validation as a christian. All that that entails.

That you alll! God Bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. something totally unrelated to the actual post - but I absolutely love your choice of font in headings and such...

    ReplyDelete